do what you love to do

Bobby - Las cruces, New Mexico

I believe in doing what you love to do. Don’t back down and go for it. You will never do anything respectable unless you like it. What is the point of living if you’re not doing what you love to do or having fun? For example, I compete in Motocross. I usually race in Tularosa, New Mexico. A lot of times I don’t win, but it is not about winning anyway. It is all about fun. Sometimes you lose; sometimes you win. It is just a part of Motocross. But I have to keep my grades up to be able to race. I hope that when I am older, Motocross will be my job, like Tony Hawk, the professional skater. I hope to be a professional, too. That would be LIVING; that would be a great life.

I learned something the other day. There has to be someone for every job: nurse (my mom), railroader (my dad), construction worker, doctor, babysitter. There is someone working at any job you can think of. Hopefully that person likes it. Like me, every kids’ job is to do well in school so they can do well when they are older, and do what they love to do.

To every parent who has kids, hope that they become something great and they are the best kids in the class. I want my kids to have good grades, like me. Then when they’re out of school, they can do what they love to do. If you want to have a career that is high-paying, go do what you do best, and try to make money out of it! I am going to try as hard as I can to be good at Motocross. Like a man named James Stewart (not the actor). He is the best, in my opinion. He is the legend. He is the youngest man ever to be in Supercross. It is like the Super Bowl of Motocross, with dirt bikes. James Stewart is unbeatable. I must thank my nana and Davy, my grandpa. They got me on the whole racing subject along with my other grandpa, who bought me my first dirt bike. Without them, I wouldn’t be doing what I love to do now.

If I don’t ever become a Motocrosser, I will try roping instead. I like riding horses, and I’m good with a rope. It’s just so fun.

This is the way you should live your life, doing what you love to do.