Lance - Applecreek, Ohio
Themes: Christianity

This I believe …

I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sin. This is the only the basic of my religion, Christianity. Believing Jesus secures my salvation and allows me to go to heaven when I die. This essay is all about why it is important to me and how it has changed my life.

The first time that I really started thinking about being a Christian was when my pastor asked me, “Do you want to join our family of Christians?” I thought about it and then I answered that I would believe in Jesus and commit my life to him. It didn’t really start there though. I was raised in a Christian home and they had a huge positive influence on me. I remember every year on Mother’s Day my grandma was asked what she was thankful for and every year she replied “ I am thankful that Jesus has saved my soul and given me this loving family.” Just like my grandma the rest of my family has the same Godly outlook on life.

Another influence on me was my family’s weekly attendance to church. The environment that the church gives off is a very positive one. What I mean is that the smiling faces and joyful singing makes people forget everything that even made them upset over the week. This is only one example of the outreach a church family can have. My favorite of all the outreaches is in the missionary ministries. When I was younger I really wanted to be a missionary to China and that is still an option for my future but I am not sure. Anyway when missionaries come back and tell us about the tear streamed faces of the people that they are helping and the big, cheek wide smiles of the kids showing their gratitude, it makes me fell like I can even do that.

Well the religion of Christianity is what I try to base my life around. It is important to me that the people I come in contact find out the good news of Jesus Christ. My mother and I have even done a neighborhood bible club for the kids of our area. As kids started from kindergarten and then up to 6th grade I could see the development of their Christian knowledge and faith. That is why I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins and the sins of everyone else. He did that so that kids like those kids can grow up knowing the truth and sharing it with others. For every belief starts somewhere and then it is shared.