I Believe in Education

Cameron - Apple Creek, Ohio

I Believe in Education

I believe strongly in the importance of education in the minds of students at any school level. Being a student myself in the 9th grade, I can relate to education easily, unlike those who have been away from any sort of education for years. Being well educated is really important for any one who plans to have at least a decent future. All colleges and jobs require that someone have a very good education so they can be accepted or hired.

My hopes and dreams for the future depend greatly on how well of an education I get. I have been interested at looking into space and the stars ever since I was a baby, my parents will tell me. After hearing that, around the 5th grade, I knew what I wanted to be and that was an astronomer. I did some research on it and I knew for sure that’s what I wanted to do and I learned about some requirements to get a good job as an astronomer.

One of those requirements is to get into a good college and by that time at 10 years old, I knew that it was not an easy thing to do. At that time, I was still a very good student, not getting anything lower than a B in any of my classes and getting many A’s. I was determined however to do even better after I had seen a few of my peers getting straight A’s. Then on the last nine weeks of my fifth grade year, I finally got all A’s. I had a big smile on my face and started to jump up and down after I had gotten home with my report card on the last day.

What made that day even better was I learned from my dad, that since I got all A’s, he was going to take me on a surprise trip. He took me Acres of Fun where I had a lot of fun just spending time with my dad. Then I continued to get straight A’s and I would have a huge smile on my face every time our report cards would come in. Then there came the time in the 8th grade on our last report card of the year. I had looked up on Progress Book before our last test for gym and I knew that I would be pushing it to get an A.

As I got my report card in the mail during summer break, I was shaking slightly as I peeled off the top of the school’s letter. Then I pulled out the card and unfolded it. I looked at it and starting to get more nervous as I went down my row of A’s. Then I got to the row of gym and I just frowned and with a look of disappointed on my face. That however, just determined me even more and I went into the 9th grade and went on to get all A’s the next 2 nine weeks.

Education is important for colleges for another reason and that is for scholarships. I understand that going to college for 4 years, especially a big university can get into cost close to $100,000. It can take several years for anyone to pay off student loans on an even high salary so it is important to keep tuition as low as possible. I want to keep as much money as possible from my job after college to spend it on necessities.

Education is very important to me, but here is a reason it can be better for the entire world. I think that the more educated someone is, the less likely they are to get involved in any type of crime or law situation. Since people would be less likely to get into crime that can keep crime rates down which would make life a lot safer for everyone. Being safe is really important to anyone in the world and everyone has the right to feel safe when they are out in public.

Education is a very important trait to our balls. It is very important to me personally for my future. The entire world would also benefit if many more people were educated higher than a lot are when most don’t even go to college. It can contribute to the safety of many innocent people on the street. The easiest way to stay educated is to go to school and stick with it and even get a few years of college under your belt.