I Believe in Kindness

Griselda - Los Angeles, California

I Believe in Kindness

I believe I’ve learned that wherever I decide something with kindness, I usually make the right decision. I believe this because I had an experience. An experience where I was rude to my mom. Things went really bad because I didn’t kept quiet. I kept telling her things. I just didn’t think about how bad things were going to get. But my problem got worst. I never thought that my mom was going to get mad. I just took it like a joke.

The reason why I had this argument with my mom was because I wanted to go to my cousin’s house and she wouldn’t let me go. She told me for me to go I had it to help her clean the house and I didn’t listen to her. I just went inside my room and heard music. I just ignored her and she got mad. I told her that I wasn’t going to help her at all and then she told me that she was going to tell this to my dad. I just told her I didn’t really care. Then my mom told me that she was not going to let me go out any more and I didn’t respond to her. She hates it when I don’t answer her. I just stood in my room until my dad came and I had a discussion with him.

Then my dad asked me why I was telling things to my mom. And I just told him that she wouldn’t let me go to my cousin’s house. He told me that I had to help my mom, so I did. But then when I had the discussion with my dad I realized that I did wrong. I regretted all the things that I told my mom. So my dad asked me to say sorry to my mom. I went and I told her that I didn’t want her to feel bad. I just didn’t want to help her. But then my mom told me that she just wanted me to help her and she just told me to listen to her. She didn’t want to be fighting with me and to respect her.

I realized that I had done wrong. I believe that now, by making a good decision, everything is going to come out alright. Since that time I haven’t talked back to my mom. I just had to learn my lesson and now I do all the things that I need to help my mom in everything. I think having a lesson shows you how to help your family.

That’s why I believe I’ve learned that whenever I decide something with kindness, I usually make the right decision.