I believe in

Marissa - Surprise, Arizona
Themes: equality, love

This I believe; that no one should be limited or shunned because of who they love. You should be able to be with whoever you want, woman or man. You shouldn’t have to worry about being ridiculed or talked about when you show affection to your significant other. I’m not saying by any means that it’s right, but its okay. If you’re religious, yes the bible says Man should be with Woman, and if you just have really good morals, it just doesn’t seem right for gays, lesbians, and bisexuals to exist. But love is out of human control.

Have you ever fallen for a guy and you didn’t want to have feelings for him? You can’t cut off your feelings, no matter what you do, for a time being; those feelings will still be there. I’m sure it’s the same for all of the gays. Yes it’s a sin, but so are piercings, tattoos, and lying, and so much of that’s easily accepted in the world today. No sin is greater than another, if you can have your ears pierced, why’s it so hard to accept that homosexuality exists? It’s not your life, seeing two people of the same gender together isn’t going to cause the world to end, it has no affect on your life, unless of course you’re homosexual.

What’s there to resent about seeing people happy together? Everyone has the right to be happy, with whoever they want to be with. I believe if you can forgive anyone for making a sin, being gay should be a part of that. The percentage of homosexuality is rising in the U.S. One in four Americans are homosexual, bisexual, or lesbian. If you have three best friends and one day they all come to you with secrets, one is gay, one is bisexual, and one is lesbian. How do you handle that situation? Sure you can sit them down, explain to them how wrong and how un-normal it is for them to be that way, but truth is, it’s not going to change a single thing.

No one should have to live a life of a lie, in fear that if they were to be themselves and let people know that they are indeed homosexual, then they would lose everything. Everyone has the right to be themselves, to be comfortable in their own skin, to be happy, to be loved, and to love. No matter who makes them happy, who loves them or who they love.

This I believe, that one day everyone will accept the world that we live in, where everyone can truly be happy and know that they have the freedom to love someone of the same gender and not worry about what might happen to them because of it. I believe that they won’t be looked down upon, that we will look around and see many smiling faces and couples. Couples made up of man and man, woman and man, and woman and woman.