Math Class

Zachary - Romulus, Michigan

Math Class

It’s that time again. The end of “A” lunch. The bell rings “beep”. My good feelings all come to an end. I’m having a great day nothing to bad and I just got out of lunch talking with good friends so I’m in good spirits. BAM! Its time for forth hour math class.

I have a great teacher forth hour and many friends in that class. I enter, so far so good and I sit down. The teacher comes to the front of the class and begins to teach. At first I don’t get a problem or two or how to do something then another, and another. Wreck after wreck. By the time I clean up one wreck another wreck occurs and it’s just more to clean up.

My wrecks come in the form of numbers. Numbers next to numbers, numbers over numbers. Numbers next to letters, letters over numbers, numbers over letters. Tiny numbers over big numbers and tiny numbers over letters. Then my brain says, halt, stop and I feel like there is blockage. A traffic jam.

I truly believe that math is my worst subject. There is too much to take in at one time. So I say just do good now and you will not need to use this in real life. Day after day I go through this cycle. During my walk to forth hour I fear this cycle happening again. I just want to go to class and get out without having to have a mental jam and no information can get through unless its very easy to me which is a rare and fun occasion. Even right after those good days when I completely understand the information I still walk into class fearing that she might teach something new and that same routine brain clog will happen and I will have a lot of wrecks to clean up. Sometimes I don’t even bother cleaning up the wrecks and I slide by letting my grade suffer what it will and make it up on an easier section

So just remember that when your in that class that you hate and cannot seem to understand that there are others just like you weather there right next to you or on the other side of the building and remember that I’ am one of them.