Drugs are taking over this generation

Gabby - el mirage, Arizona

I believe that drugs are taking over today’s generation. I am a freshman in high school and my parents warned me that drugs would be around, but I didn’t take them all too serious.

I came from a charter school, and we never herd much of anything about drugs and kids doing them at the school, however high school is completely different. I haven’t even been on this campus an entire year yet and already I’ve walked through teens smoking pot on the stairs, I’ve seen kids coming to school so high above the clouds it’s incredible that they can still think, I’ve seen people with bags full of pot in there pocket that they bought earlier that day. At the bus stops I see teens not much older than me smoking cigarettes. I don’t know why but, I never seemed to notice people high or even taking drugs before I went into high school, but now I’ve seen it so much that I can spot someone using ‘a mile away’.

I’ve never tried, however before I went into high school I thought about it. I wanted to see what was so special about it, but after seeing how these teens act when using and after using I have no desire to. I’ve been offered drugs and alcohol at least five times, if not more, I say no every time because I don’t want to be like them. I know at least one person in all of my classes that does, did or tried drugs. Drugs are everywhere, for someone that doesn’t even use I no way to much about it, and the people who do it.

Look at today’s children, and teens there are kids that started using in 6th grade, however high school seems to be fairly popular with drugs. I believe that this is because all the teens think it’s cool. It’s cool to party to drink to smoke. Some people, most people, who use that I’ve seen are proud of it, they brag like there the coolest because there killing themselves by doing drugs.

Drugs will never be eliminated people, teens, always find a way. There’s meth adds everywhere and above the influence is coming out strong, But this generation of teens is already hooked. Today’s society is all about the sex, violence, and drugs, shows and movies are diffidently not helping this generation and generations to come, at all. As the years have progressed, worse drugs have been coming out. People are a lot smarter now than they were a few years ago, so what’s next?