Avoidance therapy

Kortrez - Romulus/Mi/48174, Michigan
Themes: pleasure, work

this i believe

________________________________________________________________________

Avoidance therapy

Kortrez D. Smith

Many times in my life I have found myself in hard sports. To get out of them I simply avoid the problem. The problem still is there later. I believe that I should avoid pressure because I can’t handle it. I know many friends who have this feeling as well. Over 50 % of Americans have trouble dealing with stress. With school, work, and so much on our mind we try to avoid obstacles. The other 50% attempt to block it out there mind. Pressure can cause us to make bad decisions. Many problems arise for me when pressure is added to my life. I have seen decline in my grades to the point I’ve fainted in school. Sometimes life is just too hard for me.

I can avoid pressure with sleep. I also sometimes leave my phone off and let the time pass. Other times I will just go for long periods of time with just my music playing. I understand I’m a calm cool and collected person. I only raise my voice when it’s time to be serious. As a result my girlfriends often starts arguments with me out of nowhere. The pressure of this happening drives me crazy. I don’t want to hurt her feeling but at the same time I shut want her to shut up! In our arguments I know I can’t win as well. Also I can’t handle the pressure of the fighting so I just lay down at let her talk until she is done. To get away from this I just pick up my daughter when it’s that time of the month and hurry and leave.

School is becoming very overwhelming when it comes to all the classes and choices I have to make in a single day. I have to worry about the normal classes as well as the much more harder A.P. It’s to the point I really can’t breathe and I get major head aches from stressing. To get rid of this problem I just choice to avoid overall stress as a hold. Yet it’s becomes too much when I can’t just drop out. My parents want me to maintain my class rank of number 1. This task is too difficult to do. I’m going to just give it all up. I’m going to sleep away all my problems. Besides I only have about two more months of school left anyhow. That can’t be that much to avoid. I’ll just repeat the process every school year.