Exquisite Beauty

Bailey - El Mirage, Arizona

Everyone has one thing in life that they have to do, however the thought of doing the act makes their stomach cringe. For you it might be going to the doctor, going to your in laws, or even going to the dentist. But for me, the worst thing I have to do monthly is go get my hair cut.

It takes three months for my hair to grow an inch. My whole life I have wanted long hair; it is my uncontrollable passion. My mom however absolutely adores me with short hair. From the time I was born till I was about ten my hair was inches above my shoulders. But as I started to get older I was able to make the choice of saying no I just want a trim.

But yesterday after school my mom decided to take me for a surprise. Over the process of the last month she had been trying to convince me to let her cut my hair or take me in. but the firm answer was always a straight up no. I am sure it is no surprise that she took me to get my hair cut. Although she promised it would only be a trim. By the time I was done I had lost about two inches and all of my self confidence. I was heart broken. Tears rain down my face for hours and I was so infuriated that I knew I should not speak or unkind comments would come out.

As I went to bed that night I prayed to God and really thought about my situation. God helped me realize that now that my hair is already two inches shorter, there is nothing I can do. Being angry or upset won’t do any good at all. Keeping a positive attitude in my horrible situation would be the best solution. I know I need to be strong.

That is why as of today I believe two things from my experience. One, don’t be afraid to speak up for yourself if the out come will be damaging to you. And two, always keep a positive attitude I a bad situation. God never hands us something that the grace of god will not help us carry. Everything is in his plan. My hair is just meant to be short.

So although I am disappointed in my appearance and I will be rocking a pony tail for a while, I will hold my head up high. I still am Bailey. Beauty is more than skin deep. Inner beauty is the most exquisite beauty.