Things Will Turn Out Better

Ana - Los Angeles, California
Themes: change, hope

Things Will Turn Out Better

I believe that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life goes on and it will be better tomorrow.

There was a time when everything important to me was going wrong one of those things was my friendship with three of my closets friends. Apparently they had heard I was saying bad things about them, which was not true. What hurt was the fact that they actually thought I would do that. I thought it was sad because before that we were talking about how after graduation we were going to try our hardest to keep in contact. We had all met each other in middle school. We hadn’t been close at first but once we got to high school we started getting closer and closer.

I felt bad because they didn’t even ask me anything about what they had heard. They just automatically assumed that I was actually saying all that stuff about them. I guess the only reason they did believe it was because the person who told them met them way before I did. One day I ended up talking to one of them and we were talking about how we were all going to get together and talk about what had happened but it never happened because she was lying about trying to make and effort to get us to talk again. Later on one of my closets friends from elementary told me what had happened, they had all planned to make my life miserable just to get payback for what I had supposedly done.

After that they started saying stuff when I would pass by. One of them would push me when I would pass by. A t first it really got to me because I didn’t know they were actually like that because with other people they didn’t like they pretty much just left them alone but with me they were going out of their way just to make my life miserable. I told my cousin, who is like a sister to me, what had happened. She told me that I shouldn’t care about it because if they would have actually been my friends they wouldn’t have just assumed what they had heard. She told me that if I show them that what they were doing was actually getting to me, they were going to continue doing it because that was the only reason they were doing it to see me miserable. Not knowing what would happen next, I decided to stop caring. As it turns out my cousin was right because once I stopped caring so much about what they were doing and just completely ignored them they left me alone. For a few weeks I felt miserable and alone but in the days and weeks after that everything turned out better than what it was before I found new people to hang out with who were more fun to be around with than they were and who I know weren’t as messed up as how the other girls were. I believe that life goes on and no matter how bad it seems it will get better because nothing stays the same forever.