keep on moving on

Erik - Los Angeles, California
Themes: death, family

There is always someone or something you lost and loved.

I believe you can’t live in the past, you must always move on. Living and remembering are two different things. But I believe that for a certain amount of time, just after a loss, it is good to remember a loved one. After time has passed, you must move on in life. To stay in a state of depression for a long time is ridiculous. Remember the good, but life goes on.

My grandmother, a fantastic lady was energetic and joyous all the time. She loved all her kids and grandkids. She always told me stories of my mom, how she was and how it used to be when she was younger, and to my surprise I never got bored. She was always smiling and laughing. That is the way I will always remember her.

She died not so long ago. It was a horrible feeling to not have her around. I would cry during the holidays because she wasn’t there with us. I miss how she would make all of us get up so we could eat as a family

My palms sweating, I would get home to face my parents because I how she would always defend us from our parents when we came in late from having fun. I loved her for that.

I always remember her, but I am never depressed. I keep on moving forward in life. I go to the cemetery and place flowers on her grave to show I remember her. I love her with all my heart.

But when I leave the cemetery, I must go on in life. Through the good and the bad remembering, never living, never sad about the past. It is always important to move on because life will leave you behind and it won’t be easy to catch up. The best thing to do is to move on, but always have the thought of the good times. This event in my life made me realize that I have to move on because no one lives forever. There is always someone you will lose. But remember to keep on moving.

I will love and remember her forever.