Sultana - Lock Haven, Pennsylvania

My form of self-appreciation is pampering myself; my definition of pampering is doing something nice and considerate for yourself. I believe pampering is very important because no one can love you more than you love yourself. The reason why I think you should pamper yourself is because you deserve to feel good about yourself every once in a while. I pamper myself either to reward myself for accomplishing a goal, to relieve stress, to feel better about myself, or to do it just to do it.

There are many places I can go to get pampered. My favorite places are the spa, hair salon, and nail salon. The place I go to more often is the hair salon. I love when the hair stylist does my hair because my hair feels nice and smooth, and it smells really good. I also treat myself by buying cosmetics from drug stores, supermarkets, and beauty supply stores. The cosmetics I buy are face scrubs, face masks, face cleansers, makeup, nail polishes, nail stickers, feet scrubs, and hair accessories. I also love going to the mall because I have the possibility to shop, or look around or go to their movie theater. Sometimes when I go to a shopping center, I would window shop because I don’t have any money or just don’t feel like buying anything. Other times, I would shop for clothes, accessories for my hair, shoes, and perfume.

Appreciating yourself doesn’t always have to do with buying something. I appreciate myself everyday by taking a break from homework, or exercising in the fitness center, or just lay down on my bed. Appreciating yourself is not just for women, it is for men too. Men can go to the gym, barber shop, fitness center to exercise, and play video game to treat themselves.

I believe that if you indulge in yourself, you will feel much happier and relaxed. My experiences with pampering made me happier and relieved of whatever was bothering me. It also helped me feel confident in myself and build up myself esteem. There are many other ways that you can pamper yourself without spending money; it is about having sometime for yourself. Appreciating yourself is the first step in making yourself feel better, whether it be after a hard day of school, or work or problems that keep getting you down. Sometimes, you just need to treat yourself like royalty.