Alison - Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
Themes: love

I Believe in a Thing Called Love

“All you need is love.” That is what the Beatles told us, anyway. I believe them. Love is like no other emotion known to man. It has so many different shades and forms. The capacity to love is one of the greatest capacities that anyone can possess. One of the best things about love is that everyone you care about is loved in a different way. There is no limit, no barrier, and no requirements to love. It is unconditional and endless. Love is all you need.

The love that you have for your best friend is different from the love that you have for your parents. The greatest thing about love is that no form of love is greater than another. People can never run out of love, either. No matter how many people you already love, and even if you think that you could never possibly love someone any more than you already do, you can always love more. Love has an infinite depth and an unending supply. You could possibly have love for every person you meet.

Love is also one of the strongest emotions, not only in terms of how it feels, but in terms of the things that it can endure. Love can endure distance, notorious for being the reason that a lot of couples split up. But love, real love, does not falter when faced with the prospect of distance. Love understands that being apart is hard, but the reason that you fell in love in the first place is so much stronger than any amount of space between two people. I’ve had the opportunity to come to that conclusion this year. My boyfriend was accepted to a great college. The only problem was that it was located about three hours away from where we live. At first I never could have imagined us being apart. I cried quite a bit for a while. I thought it was not fair. Then I realized that if we truly loved each other, then nothing could stop us from being in love. Just because people say, “Out of sight, out of mind,” or that “Physical separation equals emotional separation,” does not mean anything at all to true love. In fact, I would like to imagine that love scoffs at such statements. People also say that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

No matter how much bad there is in the world, love will always exist and most always prevail .There is no barrier to love. Love gives people the ability to hope and the ability to believe in other people. Nothing, in this world, is stronger than love. So even when bad things happen, love will still be there, and that is all you need. I will always look at the world, and the people in it in a different way, because I believe in love.