cody - mount union, Pennsylvania
Themes: work

Hard Work

I believe that hard work leads to all areas of success. During the summer, I was employed as a construction worker. I learned that hard work doesn’t come easy, but when you are done you realize that you can accomplish a lot.

All my life I wondered what my dad actually did why he was away for four days of the week. So, finally I got the opportunity last summer to experience the life of a roofer. The very first day, I came to a realization that it’s not simple. I better realized the reason why he came home every Thursday tired and didn’t want to do much of anything but just lie down in front of the air conditioner. So when I got home on my first Thursday, that’s exactly how I felt, beat down exhausted, not wanting to return the next week for another hard week of work. After the first month, I guess you could say I got used to the roofing life. I started making friends and realizing that the guys on the roof were like a team; we were all trying to accomplish one thing. It didn’t really hit me until the last week of work when we had finally finished the 120,000 square roof, that took just about all summer to complete, that hard work is a great satisfaction.

This essay is something like roofing. There is not much to a blank page, but when you are finished you are satisfied with the work that you have done, because you know you worked hard enough to hopefully live up to the teacher’s expectations of an A. Even if you don’t meet those expectations it’s great to see that the work you have done didn’t come easy but you got it done. This is why I believe if you are willing to work long studious hours, you will be able to complete anything. Hard work is the main path to the road to success. No matter what you do no one can take back the work that you have done to complete a certain task. I know that my dad not only worked hard enough to put a roof over someone else’s head, but also put food on our table and a roof over our heads so we could live a better life. His hard work for success didn’t come easily but if I look back now he accomplished a lot. That’s why I believe that if you go to college it won’t be easy but if you put forth the hard work, you will succeed and find that success. I found this success on the roof, trying to make enough money to pay for my college education.

Hard work, I believe, is what helps people find that success they always want. No matter what, hard work will always make you appreciate your work more, then having someone else create it for you.