DeAnna - Bellefonte, Pennsylvania

Music is Awesome

What is music and why does everyone listen to it? This question always

come to mind when someone says, “listen to this.” We as a culture have always had

music, but my big question is who decides what music is. Is music just a bunch of noise

that we find pleasurable? I believe that music is our way of expressing ourselves

through an art form. There are many forms of art, and music is one of them. As time

goes on, we as a culture create new genres of music. There are hundreds of music

genres but as time goes on generations forget and then renew the old music.

I feel that music affects everyday life because in nature we hear the wind, birds,

talking. These are just some forms of music that our ears hear, but we also

watch movies and television that includes popular music of the time like rap, hip hop,

country, funk, Polka, Jazz. Most people don’t think about this, but if we had no music in

our lives, life would be dull. Music as a whole inspires many people every day. We have

music in every aspect of life.

Every generation before thinks the music of the day is bad. I have to say many

people are correct, but as I get older, I realize what they mean. Music is something that

is always changing. Music genres have ups and downs which means they become

popular and then they slowly die as something new comes along. There are too many

genres of music to name them all, but if you ask people of today what genres are

popular right now they probably would say, “rap, hip hop, rock “n” roll, punk, and

country music.” Many forget the classical music like Mozart, and jazz, disco, techno,

and many more. These types of music are either popular or not due to who is listening

to it. It sometimes amazes me that people always listen to music that is popular and

when it’s no longer popular they forget about it.

How music inspires me is, I like listening to it. It helps me relax and concentrate.

It makes me feel better when I feel sad. In general it helps me release stress. It also has

a way to make me feel free spirited, and it inspires me to dance and sing. This is why I

feel music is important in everyday life.

Music is always going to be here. It depends what kind is popular. I’m positive

the music of today is not what will be popular in five to ten years. My parents always tell

me that when I have kids I will know what they mean when they say this music is

garbage. I always tell my parents I won’t say that to my kids because music is just a

thing of the past, future, and present. It will go on even after my death.