Lisa - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

A best friend should have very distinct qualities, even if those qualities are different for every person. To me, a best friend should be your ultimate other half, someone you can always count on and someone that is always there to listen and to give advice.

Not just anyone can be your best friend, and you cannot be just anyone’s best friend. Best friends normally have an instant click, and there can be a bond between them that they just do not understand and could never begin to explain. Best friends have a trust bond that they would never break and going behind each others’ backs is something they would never imagine doing.

Best friends do not have to be one person in my case there is a group of people, and for this group I would do anything. I am willing to go out of my way to support them, and I will come right out and state my opinion if I believe they are making

a bad decision. I met this group of best friends in high school. For me it consists of four boys and five girls. These people are my life and they are what make me the best person I could be. They are always there for me when I am having issues with boys or when I am mad at my parents, and they know the perfect way to make me happy. Even though all nine of us go to different colleges, they are always just a phone call away.

It may seem weird that I can consider boys and girls best friends, but the boys bring very different characteristics to the relationship that the girls could never bring. Normally, when I am having boy trouble, I can go to my best guy friends and they can give some of the best advice that I have ever been given. Likewise, when I am having trouble with other friends, school, family, or tough situations, my best girl friends are there to listen and give advice that is incomparable to any other advice I have ever heard. I can talk to my group of best friends about anything, and they will never judge or look at me differently because of any decisions that I make.

Without these best friends, my life would not be the same. It seems as though if I would suddenly lose one of them, my life would be incomplete. These best friends are the people I count on and the people that will always have my back. This is why I believe in best friends.