Harmony - Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
Themes: love, morality

Saving Sex until Marriage

I believe in saving sex until your wedding night. I have chosen to save myself until my wedding night. A lot of people do not agree with what I have to say, but I think that everyone has the right to their choices. There are some reasons that made me keep my virginity. These reasons are healthy for the soul, the mind, and body.

The soul part has to do with the Lord. If you are religious the Lord is a big part of your life. I have beliefs and big decisions that affect my life, which has to do with Him. Virginity is a gift that should be shared with your soul mate. It is a gift that once you lose it, you are not getting it back. It says in the Bible is that you should give yourself only to your other half. I truly believe in doing that.

Respect: this is the mind part. If you go out and have sex with a lot of people, you become one of those people that get called bad names. Also you may get a bad reputation because rumors may get started about how many people you have had sex with. You could be dating a guy or girl for six months and feel like you are ready to have that special night. So that night happened and a week later, you break up. You just gave that gift to someone who was not the one. The person feels that all the other person wanted was to have sex and then when they did, it was not worth the relationship any more. Another feeling could be that the girl or guy feels that the other person just wanted to have sex with a virgin. Then that person might go around saying that they had sex with a virgin, like it’s a prize or something. These emotions and feelings all affect the mind.

The soul and mind are very important things but so is the body. Having sex can get you pregnant or a sexually transmitted disease. You may become pregnant or a father at a young age and you are not ready or responsible enough to be a parent, but you do not have a choice. You have to grow up fast; you cannot be a kid like everyone else. Sexually transmitted diseases are not a good for your health or relationships. Some sexually transmitted diseases are AIDS, genital warts, herpes, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, syphilis, and many more. If you do not have sex, you do not have to deal with any of these. Once you are pregnant or have a disease, you live with that for the rest of your life.

I chose this topic because I strongly believe in saving sex until marriage. I have chosen to live this way. I have seen a lot of people get hurt by having sex and then breaking up with their other half. I know some people that have sexually transmitted diseases, and I just don’t want to become any of these people. My soul, mind, and body have never been healthier in my life.