Justin - derry, Pennsylvania

The Best Genre of Music

“heard the roar of the crowd; he could picture the scene. Put his head to the wall and like a distant scream he

heard one guitar, just blew him away. Stars in his eyes, very next day he bought a beat up six string…” The

words of Lou Gramm the lead singer in Foreigner. Rock and roll and it’s offspring rock have the power to

change lives. Rock and roll inspires, opens peoples eyes, and just plain rocks.

Who hasn’t been inspired by Rock and roll? I grew up listening to the wailing guitars, earth shattering drum

solos, moving lyrics,and awesome bass rhythms of the 80s and 90s. I had stars in my eyes. I play guitar

because of all the jams I have heard from the rock stars. Rock and roll has given me dreams and goals of

being on stage playing heavy riffs as the crowd chants my name. I am not the only one to have been inspired;

every day people are being motivated by rock and roll to do something more with their lives.

Getting people to not just blindly follow orders has been the jobs of rockers since it evolved out of the blues

of the 1950s. Rock has told countless figures of authority where to shove the the oppressive rules of “the

Man”. In the 60s and 70s rock was used as the voice of the people and was able to bring a country out of a

war. You know rock has done its job when a young person has learned to stand up for themselves to keep

from being pushed around.

Rock and roll rocks. Imagine going to a party without rock. There is music playing and people are having fun

but something is missing. The party was missing rock, once rock hits the scene you will be bobbing your

head to the tunes and having the time of your life. Just listening to rock and roll is awesome. When a

guitar player preforms a solo like it was a walk in the park it blows my mind. One of

the rarest and sweetest of all solos is the bass solo, they are god’s gift to man. When a bass solo is unleashed

you can just feel the music vibrating your entire body the experience is unlike any other.

What is better than rock and roll? Nothing. Rock and roll and it’s offspring rock uncover the truth about how

things actually are, inspire, and flat out rock. With all of the styles of music it is no wonder rock is shreds the

competition. Rock and roll and rock will never die.