Stefanie - Lock Haven, Pennsylvania

I Believe in Second Chances

Everyone makes mistakes weather its’ in school, in a relationship, at home, or in a sports game. I believe everyone deserves a second chances. You learn from your mistakes. A person who makes a one specific mistake is less likely to do it again. For example, on a math test, someone who makes a simple multiplication error is more likely to be more observant of those types of errors on future tests.

Couples in a relationship are bound to make mistakes. It takes a lot out of someone to admit when they have done something wrong. For example, for someone to admit he or she have cheated on their loved one takes a lot of courage. I feel that if that person is truly sorry for what he or she has done, they will not do it again. I believe that the second time around, he or she will not make the same mistake. Many people need to learn from what they have done wrong in order to learn at all.

From personal experience in softball when I made a mistake out on the field, I learned from that mistake. From the time I was in fourth grade, I pitched for Little Ferry Lightning every year, up until this year. I have had shut outs and I have had been ten run ruled through out my career. Ten run ruled is a term used in little league, when the opposing team scores ten or more runs on your team before the fourth inning, the empires will end the game. Although those games where the teams ten run ruled us were not fun, I felt I learned the most from my errors. I made a mistake by throwing those teams fastballs and change-ups, but by making those mistakes, I learned I had to change my pitches when I played those teams. I made a mistake and my couch gave me that second chance to redeem myself. I also feel that by my couch giving me that second chance, I felt I could not let him down. I had to look to the highest of my ability. I had to work hard in return for my second chance, so it benefited my couch and team along with my skills. I can’t say I improved one hundred percent right away, but I feel that from those mistakes, I learned a lot more about the game and when and when not to throw certain pitches.

I feel that in order for people to learn from their mistakes, they need a second chance. They need to prove to themselves along with others that you have learned from that mistake they had made and will not do it again. It takes a lot of courage for someone to admit their wrong, but it takes even more for someone to learn and excel from his or her mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes; I believe everyone deserves second chances.