Alicia - Montoursville, Pennsylvania
Themes: carpe diem

I Believe That Life is Too Short

I believe that life is too short, and we need to live each day to the fullest. I realize that no one is going to live a perfect life, but I think we can all try our hardest. I have recently lost my grandmother, and it has made me realize that life truly is too short. She lived a good life, though, and I can only hope to do the same.

Death is inevitable for all of us. Instead of fearing it though, I believe we should embrace the inspiration it offers. If you live each day to the fullest and always look ahead, then there is nothing to fear. Don’t dwell on the past, because you can’t change it now. I feel that one of the keys to making the best out of life is to live without regrets. Don’t waste your time thinking about what could have happened or how things could be; focus on how things are right now.

Some people don’t have the opportunity to make their dreams come true or reunite with a loved one, so those of us that do, cannot let those things slip by. Taking chances and living without fear are two goals I feel we should always strive for. If you constantly fear what’s ahead, the good things in life will just pass on by. I also think a lot of people take their lives for granted. Some are not lucky enough to see their children get married or meet their grandchildren. Some get taken away before their loved ones are ready. So don’t let a day go by that you aren’t thankful to be alive. We should be happy for the life we are given or have the chance to share with someone else.

Since life is too short, I believe you should always follow your heart and love with all you have. Never miss the chance to say, “I love you” and don’t take anything for granted. Always make time to laugh, and don’t be afraid to cry. Never be afraid to act young and silly and crazy. If we do all of these things, I feel like we can make the most out of our time here on earth, no matter how long it may be. While I know all of these things sound great, I also know that they can be very hard to carry out on a daily basis. Believing that life is too short and acting upon that thought are two different things!