My Heroes

Daniel - El Sereno, California

My Heroes

To many people a hero is a strong person who fights crime. I believe a hero is someone you can look up to, and someone who’s there for you when you need them. That’s a real hero to me.

I have many heroes in my life. My dad, mom, sister, brother, and many more people from my family are heroes to me in their own special way. All of them helped me learn from their mistakes and are always there for me when I need them.

My parents are heroes to me because they raised me and have been here my whole life to help me and protect me. They were always there for me when I needed them. My dad was always protective and strict with me. Before I didn’t like it but now I realize that he was only like that because he cared about me and wanted me to be safe.

My mom and sister are always really strict with me about school. It’s annoying sometimes but its because of them that I want to try hard and graduate from high school. I know that them being strict with me is because they want me to have a good future.

Another hero of mine is my brother. My brother has had a rough life but he has never given up. For example he grew up not knowing his dad, and didn’t have many friends growing up .He has always been there when I needed him. I always know that if I ever need advice, I can go to him. He is always one of the first people I go to when I need advice about anything. The reason is because he’s gone through a lot and is really smart.

I consider my uncle a hero because he’s shown me so many new things since my dad had to move away. My uncles has always been there to help me with anything. For example he’s teaching me how to drive, he would give me money just to spend, and he lets me try things for myself. By letting me try things for myself I’ve learned how to take care of my self. He’s taught me how to cook, fix things, and even helped me get my first job. He helped me get a job at a restaurant as a bus boy. That’s why he is a hero to me.

Another person I consider a hero is my aunt. I consider her a hero because like my brother she has had a rough life during her marriage. My aunt is another person I can go to for advice about anything. My aunt has always been there when I need advice. look up her because even though she had a rough marriage she stayed strong and showed me how to stay strong.

My cousin Jesse, my aunt Silvia’s son, is considered a hero to me. I would always hang out with him. Just like my aunt and brother, I can go to my cousin for advice. I’ve always looked up to my cousin. When we hung out, we would play basketball, football, or just go to the park. That’s not the only reason he’s a hero to me. When we hung out, he would always lecture me about how I need to graduate and to try hard on everything I do. That’s why he’s a hero to me.