Success is in the eye of the beholder

Kourtney - Durango, Colorado

Success to most people in our society today, is more than getting older, going to a community college, getting married, and having kids, basically more than having a middle or lower income. Success is defined by being among the very few that have millions of dollars, nice cars, big houses, and luxuries.. This is what success is being shown as in our present day, but I believe that success has nothing to do with your paycheck. I believe that success is being happy, going after whatever your dreams are, praising that you get to live in this day; which is your life, and waking up each morning satisfied with each decision that you have made to get here, wherever you are. I believe that success is in the eye of the beholder. Few people realize that life is more than making money, therefore divine minds and people realize that being alive and living are very different things. It’s all almost a matter of opinion what life is about, and what should make you happy, or successful there is a two in one package when it comes to this in life but is just success in your career enough?

When your old rich and lonely, are you happy? Money is one of the many things that average, low-income people have no control over, and success is so much more than making money. In 2008 a survey was conducted, about the happiest place on the planet. Denmark took the title. The research stated that in Denmark the money is more spread out and there are less rich, and over privileged citizens, they consider happiness, before big houses and nice cars. I believe that every person should live this way, and that we should consider living our lives as a gift, and success as living them happily.

My mom, dad, and my nana have helped to bring me to believe in this today. They have made many mistakes, and they will make many more, but one thing I know is that for the most part even in this time of struggle in our country, they are happy, and that for there entire lives, things haven’t been fair or worth it, or even enjoyable, but one thing they do achieve is the decision to be happy, and in my eyes successful. I believe that success is more than just your paycheck, and in my eyes my mom, dad, and nana, are three of the most successful people I have ever met. Their lives have been anything but average, so when my mother passed away things were bad for my nana, and my dad, but they got their lives together. They both became successfully happy loving beings everyone, even their own families gave up in them, witch fortunately most people don’t have to experience, but they did. This is why I also believe that it is a decision to be happy, therefore a decision to be successful.

It really gets you thinking about what you want in life, and not about the material things. I believe that human beings were meant to live their lives to the fullest, not to just “be”. I believe a truly successful person strives for what makes them happy, because being alive, and truly living are very different things. This I believe.