Size Doesn’t Matter

Caleb - Johnstown, Colorado
Themes: equality

Size Doesn’t Matter

Short, tiny, midget . . . it doesn’t matter. I’ve been called all these things, yet I’m still smart, still athletic, and still nice. Just because someone is small doesn’t mean that they’re any less good. So, for all of you small people or really big people, SIZE DOSEN’T MATTER! That’s what I believe anyway.

Small or big people are just as good as anyone else, and who knows, maybe that small person will grow into a huge person that makes the class look small. I was short, and some people just didn’t appreciate that. On my old football team, when we were up against big guys, all of the small people and I got benched because we were playing a big team. It turns out; I’m really good, even against big people. People even made fun sometimes, but then I learned that size doesn’t matter.

Some people think that being small is all bad, but it’s not. You are able to sneak around in sports, you turn out very acrobatic sometimes, you can fit where others can’t and more. This can even help in jobs where you need to fit in tight spots or where being small is required, like being a jockey or even a ballet dancer. They make good money and being small is an asset. Small people are also starting to join big things like the NFL, and achieving much. Being small no longer means there are things you can’t do, which means that you can do anything no matter what size you are, you just have to want it bad enough and then go for it!

Being really big isn’t bad either. You can reach where others can’t and might be really strong. Plus, you would also be good at being a defensive lineman or bodyguard for someone famous. They make lots of money too! So don’t be put down by people saying they are better than you, because you can do anything you set your mind to. No matter what size you are.

I learned this after a game one day. I got home after being benched the whole game, and just sat, steaming with anger. My w I was mad, and stood next to me while doing her hair.

“You know,” she said, “you shouldn’t care what other people think of you.” Then, she went on.

You’re still as good as anyone else, and that was no reason for them to do that. Now, you don’t listen to what anyone says, and remember that size doesn’t matter.” So, I stuck to her speech. After thinking about what she said, I began to realize that she was right. There were no quality differences between us; I was just as good as them! Small and big people may have different sizes and personalities, but in the end, we’re all just people. This helped me grow to be more self confident, and look at me now. I’m happy, athletic, still getting good grades, and have grown to mid-height! After that experience, I truly believe that size doesn’t matter.

So, the next time you see a small or big person, or are one, don’t be ashamed, or don’t treat them disrespectfully. They are just as good as anyone else.