Friendship Is Golden

Taylour - Johnstown, Colorado

I believe that your friends are important. They are the people that talk to you and love you for who you are!

I’m one of those girls who is satisfied with herself and who I am. I learned the hard way to love and trust myself as well as not lying especially to my friends. My family as far as my parents hasn’t been quite right and together. So I rely greatly on my friends to love and support me in my choices and to care for me!

I remember one day when I was in 5th grade my friend Shaina took my shirt when she stayed at my house and I forgot that I told her that she could have it. Well, a few days later she wore it to school and I saw her and I got really angry! Later that night I couldn’t sleep and I was thinking and realized that indeed, I did tell her that she could take it. I felt terrible, if it wasn’t so late, I would have called her then and apologized. So, the next day I explained everything to her and I told her that I was VERY sorry! She forgave me and I told her that I knew I needed her to go on! And she agreed. I learned that I needed her as a friend. When I didn’t see her I felt empty and sad and I knew that needed to change.

Also, just this year one of my closest friends and I began to go separate ways and not talk very much anymore. I started to let little things get between us and listen to rumors about her. It got pretty ugly even to the point where I wouldn’t talk to her! One night I had a dream. I dreamed that she had gotten hurt badly and the doctors didn’t know if she was going to make it! I began to cry in my sleep. The next day I gave her a big hug and told her that we would always be best friends. I had realized that I needed her in my life and that she was important to me!!

So, through those experiences I realized that my friends are important and they are a HUGE part of my life! I never fought with Shaina again. As well as this year my best friend and I are still best buddies. We never get mad at each other and always get along! So the lesson out of this is to trust and love your friends. Pick your battles with them because you never know today may be the last time you ever see them! So cherish every minute with them because your friends are you life!! And remember, the next time you get into a fight or start to runaway from a friend, think about how important they are to you and how much they care for you.