Be Happy

Jaryk - Johnstown, Colorado
Themes: hope, pleasure

If you want to be successful you must have happiness. I believe in being happy and to help other people be happy and joyful. Without happiness your life will fall apart. Happiness has also taught me a lot more about life and doing well. I show this belief by being happy and encouraging other people to be happy too. I can also help people when they are sad or hurt to cheer them up. This belief is unique to me because I like to be happy and make other people happy. Here are some life events showing why I think it is so important to be happy. One day, a couple of years ago I came to school and my friend was sad because his pet died. So I cheered him up and that made him happy. After that he helped other people to be happy too. So being happy can cause a sort of chain reaction and it can spread all over. I first thought of this when I saw the movie Pay-It-Forward. This movie was about a kid that did things to help people, like letting them stay in his house or giving food to them. He does this to start a chain reaction and it inspired me to try this too. Also seeing people sad or fighting made me feel bad for them and it made me want to get away from all of the negative things in life like stealing, drugs, gangs and just other bad things. So trying to be happy can not always happen but it has helped me to not steal or do any of the stuff I just mentioned. Next, it has proven by scientists and health doctors that being happy really is good for you. It is a way to relieve stress and anger. Also being happy keeps us positive. It keeps us positive and that gives us a lower chance of even doing negative things to being with. Finally, being cheerful and happy in public and around other people is very important. It can show them positivity and positive things so it is more likely that they will be positive and happy. Have you ever noticed that if you are mad and grumpy and negative, other people start to get like that too. For example if someone was being mean for no reason to you, you would also get mad. Then you would get into an argument or fight. Then soon other people would too. It is like a chain reaction of anger. And I want to do that with happiness. I hope this has persuaded you to think about this and try to make a difference and start a chain reaction too.