Tomorrow Always Comes

Marylu - Los Angeles, California
Themes: setbacks

Tomorrow Always Comes

I believe that life is not fair. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. We humans are very sensitive beings. Anything can hurt us, whether it be emotional pain or physical pain. Even words can hurt us.

Just recently, I was looking through “Life Quotes”, a book of quotes written by people of all ages. I came across a good quote expressed by a 48 year-old person based on an insight of what he or she has learned in life experiences. The person says, “I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.”

It’s true that everybody has their problems. It could be family problems, personal problems, or just life in general. Nobody lives perfect lives. So far I’ve learned that everybody wants what they cannot have. And people want what others have and vice versa. That’s mostly the case, but others might think otherwise. The reason I say this is because I’ve met too many people with similar situations, where we want what we can’t have.

I have my problems too: bad self-esteem, self hate. Sometimes I’m depressed and I have family problems. No matter how bad I just want to sleep through it all and wake up when things are better, I can’t. That’s why there’s always tomorrow. Tomorrow will always be better. The thought of tomorrow is what gets me through the day and it helps me enjoy living.

After reading that quote, I understood it and I knew what he or she meant by it. I think that person is saying that life isn’t fair, we all make mistakes and learn from them, and life just goes on. That quote just caught my attention because I’ve been recently having some problems. I never realized how sensitive I was until the incident happened. I just wanted to pull my hair out with all the anger rising within me. I remember that day. Feeling my head getting heavier and heavier, I just lost it. With my heart beating, I stood up and punched the wall. I felt like it was the end of the world. I couldn’t take it anymore that day.

When tomorrow came, I felt much better and so alive. I knew that things were going to be okay and it wasn’t the “end of the world.” I just thought about it really hard and I had to realize the harsh reality of things. So I figured that it’s best to forget about it and move on. It was best to let go. I don’t want to be selfish and keep thinking about how sorry I feel for myself. I want to be happy, so I cut off the problems. I learned from that experience and in a way it made me become a better person. In my opinion, these thoughts come to everyone’s mind at one point or another. It may not be true for some people but I think that the person who wrote that quote had his or her problems in life and thought about tomorrow, just like I did.

There are, however, those little things in life that makes us happy like hanging out with good friends, listening to your favorite music, playing an instrument, or taking a long walk by yourself. These things can make us happy, and it makes us think so we can say that life isn’t that bad. We just need to make it good and make those precious moments last as long as possible. Problems will come and go, so all you need to do is focus on the nice things in life.