Every One Has a Talent

joey - New River, Arizona

I believe that everyone has their own unique talents and they were put in this world for a reason. A talent is a special ability that an individual is born with. Whether they use their talents to succeed or better themselves in life, they still have them. Some people are able to take what they do best and bring it into play, but there are others who will not take advantage of this blessing. I have met many people that have incredible talents, but they do not show them because their lives do not allow enough time for it or they are unmotivated. In some cases it is disappointing. Other times, many people enjoy using these abilities in their free time. Finding a talent and using it is an excellent way to enjoy life and enhance success in my future. So whether people use these talents, don’t have time for them, or simply waste them away they still and always will have them.

Most people who use their talents become successful in life. Some people have incredible talents that help them become well known in the world. When they practice and practice most of the time they master them. For example, the sport players and musical artists that have carried out their talents through life, are the ones that have become famous for them. There are many other types of gifts that people have that have bettered our communities. If someone is a good cook most of the time they have the opportunity to get further training on how to be a chef and work in five star restaurants. Also, some of these people are able to speak in front of a crowd, or teach, or work with numbers, like the accountants who help people manage their money. My mother has worked for a bank for twenty seven years. Every day she helps Chase Bank manage their loans and just simply makes it easier for the bank to manage its money. Even though she has worked very hard to get where she is at today, she would say that she was born with the talent. Not everyone has this talent, but if we work hard enough to find our talent, we can benefit from these gifts that we are given.

There are many talented people in this world; unfortunately a lack of time in today’s busy world may hinder the opportunity to show their talent. These individuals may have not had time to pursue these talents or the way that they grew up may have had an effect on their chance of taking that talent to a higher level. Someone may have kids and a family to take care of, and they don’t have time to follow what they really want to do. Although it can be a depressing situation, many people in this world have this dilemma. Also for a student who is going to school and work, there may not be enough time to carry out these things that people love to do because of endless hours of studying mixed with late night shifts. For myself, I love to ride my motorcycle. Sadly, since I work almost every weekend and go to school and study during the week, I hardly ever have time to go riding. Even though it can all get tiring at times, I know that one day it will pay off and I will have time to do the things that I love.

Sometimes people are not motivated to do things that they love, even though they have all the time in the world. Many of the people in prison or just running the streets all the time have these amazing talents, but they are just too lazy to show them. For example, my step brother that is very smart and can pretty much do anything that he wants. Disappointingly, he is in and out of jail, can’t hold a job, and always fights with his parents whom try to help him when he makes life hard on himself. Many people would love to have the intelligence he has but instead he just wastes it all away on drugs and trying to be cool for his friends. If these people would commit their lives to something and stick to it, they could easily make life a joyful place for themselves.

So for the people that have took advantage of these gifts, congratulations, and the people that do not have time to pursue their talents, keep pushing and the time will come. For those that feel that they will not amount to anything in this world, the more you think like that, the faster it will come true. The faster someone finds their talent, the faster life may turn in a corner or become more interesting in the future. Sometimes people find their talent when they are ten, others may not find it until they are forty, either way it is there. How someone uses these gifts, whether it is trying to make their life better or just for self pleasure, it is their decision and there is no wrong thing to do except to just throw them away.