Don’t Do Something that Might Come Back to You

bianca - los angeles, California

I’ve learned that what comes around goes around.

The experiences I had to make me believe this was for example one day I was sitting down at the kitchen table having dinner with my family. After I was done eating, I remembered that I had a candy in my backpack that my friend gave me. I went to my room and started eating it when my brother walked in. He saw that I was eating a candy and asked if he could have some. I told him no. He stated to cry to make me feel bad, but I just ignored him and shoved it all in my mouth.

A couple of weeks later my brother had barely got home from the store. In his hands he had a big bag of chips. They looked so good that my mouth started to get watery. I really wanted some. I asked him can I please have some of your chips. He looked at me and said no, because when you were eating your candy last time you didn’t let me have some so now I’m not going to let you have some of my chips so you can feel what I felt when you didn’t want to share with me. When he told me that, I went to my room and said to myself damn, I knew I should of have shared with him. Now it’s pay back.

Another experience I had was when I was hanging out with the wrong people. We were a group of friends that would make fun of people. We would call them names and do things to them that weren’t nice. We didn’t really care if we hurt their feelings. We thought we were so cool by making people get hurt as long as we made other people laugh. We never realized how bad we would hurt them. I was a bad student, always getting in trouble; I really didn’t care about school.

One day I got home and my mom told me we were moving. I was so mad because I was going to a new school and had to make new friends. The first day of school I thought was going to be okay. I was going to make friends like nothing. But it turned out to be that everybody had their own groups of friends. It was terrible. I was by myself. I didn’t have anyone to hangout with. During lunch time I was sitting down, eating my lunch, when these girls walked by and started making fun of me. Finishing my food, realizing that it was all coming back to me, I really didn’t feel comfortable being in a school where everybody was going to make fun of me. When I used to make fun of other people at my old school, I never realized how bad it hurt them. So now that it is all coming back to me I feel what those people felt.