Only One Thing Can Buy Happiness

Shanelle - Durango, Colorado
Themes: love

“Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.” I believe that there is only one thing in life that can buy true long lasting happiness. The biggest thing that people say can buy happiness is money. However, in perspective, when you buy something, you don’t value it forever, you are only happy when you first get it, but after that it’s useless. I believe that the ONLY thing that can buy happiness in my whole life is love. I learned this, over the past three years of middle school.

I learned that I could have everything that I want, but without someone to love and someone to love you back in life isn’t worth living. I believe that, that is the main reason to live. And by love, I don’t only mean loving the opposite sex, but also a friend, a family member, God, or even a stranger. It doesn’t have to be a person, it could be something that you have a passion for and love to do.

The key to life is having a wonderful happy life that you can live to the fullest. The only thing that you really need in life to live is love. When you find love, happiness comes right with it. I stress about finding that special person to or thing to love, love doesn’t just walk to me; I have to go out and find it. “Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.” This is a quote that speaks a thousand words but is put into a few. Finding happiness is something that I sometimes have to find a path in life that I have never walked, it may not be easy but finding the happiness found in love will be worth the trip it took to get there. An amazing quote to remember is “To get somewhere you have never been, you have to do something you have never done.”

Everything that I do in life is based on the love I have for people and things. Something that I always remember is that many paths I walk in life I will find something I like, and may get that confused with love. But I will fall and get right back up again and learn the difference from like and love. I always need to remember that only ever lasting love can bring ever-lasting happiness. Despite what towers may go up and down in my life that will always be the motto that I will live by. Only love can buy happiness.