Struggle for Existence

Alli - Edina, Minnesota
Themes: question

I grew up terrified of death. I grew up thinking I wouldn’t be killed by anything. Then I thought people who died probably didn’t think that they would be killed either. After those thoughts I became even more scared of death, just thinking about it made me cringe. I know we all die but we don’t want to till we are old and have lived our life. I grew up with people I loved dying from terrible things cancer, 9/11, old age and suicide. They left the world so young. Every death hurts you more and more, it feels as if you died with them. I believe that no one deserves to die from these things.

Why is there so much hate in the world? And how could it drive a person to kill or to take there own life? I ask myself these questions every day, and yet I could never find the answer. There is no good answer to the questions only the sadness it brings. I believe that taking your own life is a lot worse then someone taking it from you. Giving up is easy, what’s hard is trying to survive. At one point in time we will think about giving up, but then you start thinking about the reason you kept on fighting.

I fight to live for my cousin. I had no one protecting me and I want to live to protect him from the cold world that had me questioning why I am still here. Everyone has a reason to live it just depends on how much you care about that reason. I can’t even think about leaving him behind to suffer on his own. That’s why I keep fighting. Even though it sometimes feels like I’m being buried alive from all the pain, I need to live for him.

I live with the idea that Life is a gift given to you, you protect it from danger and you only get one chance to keep the gift alive. If you can’t even save the gift from yourself, how could you save it from danger? Every life is important and there will always be something, or someone there that could take your precious life away. Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of ways to overcome it, this, I believe