Time Heals Wounds

Yau - 90031, California
Themes: change, setbacks

Time Heals Wounds

As much as we hate the fact that tragedies happen, we can’t ignore them. You don’t know when they are going to happen but when they do, they hurt so much. A tragedy once happened to me but as time passed, I got better and eventually I wasn’t hurt anymore. I believe that time will heal wounds, and as days go by, you will feel less and less pain from your loss. People should learn that the pain of a tragedy will eventually go away. Time is medicine for your wounds and it will make each day a brighter day.

It caught me off guard. I was just hanging out at my house, escaping the summer heat. I was talking to my girlfriend Kristina, a beautiful Vietnamese girl that had the cutest laugh. Kristina and I were both the same age, fifteen years old. We both met through a friend and we had started dating for about a month. I loved her and she loved me.

Our first date was at the movie theaters. We both had agreed to meet there. We went to watch the movie Click starring Adam Sandler. Before the show I went to buy something from the concession stand. While Kristina played in the arcade and waited, I bought us both popcorn and soda. At the end of the movie we both kissed for the first time. The date went amazing, and I went home so happy.

Kristina and I were both doing so awesome together. We would talk on the phone for hours at a time. My friends would be jealous that I spent a lot of time with her, but I have to admit it, I couldn’t be without her.

Everything was going perfectly with both of us. Then, suddenly everything started to turn to hell. I thought I got cursed somehow. Things went from bad to worse. Kristina and I had another date. We were going to the movies again and had agreed to meet there like last time. I waited around the movie theater for thirty minutes. Kristina still wasn’t here. I tried to call her but then I realized I had forgotten my cell phone and wallet at home. I was in such a rush to get to the theater, I had forgotten. I felt so stupid.

After an hour I realized she has stood me up. I was so devastated. I had to get home, but I didn’t have my phone to call anyone or money to take the bus. My only option left was to walk home. It was a long way, but I decided to do it. My house was approximately two to three miles away. Feeling sad and angry at myself at the same time, I started the long walk home.

That night when I got home, I checked my voicemail and realized Kristina left me one saying she was breaking up with me. She said on the voicemail that she was too jealous of my ex-girlfriend. She thought I was still in love with her, but I wasn’t. I loved Kristina, but she was so blinded by jealousy that she couldn’t see that.

After that night I never spoke to Kristina again. She hurt me so much that at one point I thought I couldn’t take it anymore. It was so hurtful to loose her. For her to lie to me and play with my feelings hurt so much. Each passing day helped me get over her a little bit. Then days became weeks, and weeks became months, and eventually I got over her completely. Time had healed my wounds and each day got better. After that day I learned that when something bad happens, time will heal your wounds. Each day after that will get better. Time does help heal your wounds, even though it won’t change the past, it does help soothe your pain.