The End Has No End

Idalia - Los Angeles, California
Themes: death, legacy

The End Has No End

Cicero once said, “The life given us by nature is short, but the memory of a life well spent is eternal.” I highly agree with this quote. My aunt Chela always tells me nothing is sure except death. In my opinion it doesn’t matter who you are or how much money you have, you will eventually die. The life given to you by nature is short. You can’t live forever. I am pretty sure you can’t pay nature $1 million dollars to give you an extension on your lifetime.

Someday we won’t be walking on this earth, laughing, smiling, or checking out a cute guy or a girl. The one thing that will last forever are the memories that you left behind. The memories won’t be erased; memories are priceless.

This I believe: the end has no end. When you die, it doesn’t mean that everything comes to an end for you. People’s tears stream down from their eyes, saddened by your death; you will no longer laugh with them or say hi to them. Although you are dead, you will still be with them, not walking or hugging each other, but you will be with them in their memories.

When you die, all of the memories that you had with your loved ones become a movie preview. The memories that you had with them will stay with them in their heart. Nothing, I mean nothing, can change that. Memories are the most valuable and precious item that you can have besides love.

You will still make them smile or laugh, when you are walking down the street. You remember “Oh this is where Yessenia fell down or where she dropped her ice cream.” You smile and think back on what happened that day. Their image comes to your mind.

Memories are like the number 8; they have no end. If you have a family, your children will be telling stories about you. You children’s children will be telling stories about you too. The whole cycle doesn’t end.

An experience that makes me believe in memories is the death of my friend Jocelyn’s brother. My friend, Jocelyn, is one of my best friends. When we have deep conversations, it seems that he is still alive. As I was listening to her, her face saddened, eyes becoming watery, voice trembling. She would talk about how they used to play Batman and Robin trying to save the world. She would laugh when she told me that she stepped on his cape and fell. She would tell me all the memories about him. It formed a storybook. When something relates to the story that she told me I go on and tell them too. Even his death is being told. My friend Maria said, “Man, Trickster’s brother died.” I replied, “My friend’s brother died also.” Then we talked about how they died. I am pretty sure Maria will tell her other friends when the subject of death comes up.

One little memory could reach all the way to the other side of the world. It can happen. Jocelyn tells me that she feels that he is still with her. She tells me that on breezy days she feels he is walking with her. She told me that she would take walks with him with the dog and on the last walk she had with him it was breezy. The memories are still and always will be in her heart. The end has no end.