Drug Free, Agree

Cj - Shoreline, Washington

What are illegal drugs? Are they silent killers that slowly disintegrate our insides until it’s too late to stop? Are they the main reasons of family separation, sinking grades, and messed up relationships? Or are they a combination of all that kills our soul into fake happiness in the midst of a sinking life? Drugs, the one word that ruins everything. I strongly believe that our world should be a drug-free community. We’ve all seen it happen, and no one has the power to stop the addiction.

From my perspective drugs are very unpleasant. I think there’s no point in taking, or using them. If you think about it, once you’re addicted to it, it will slowly kill your body not just physically, but emotionally and mentally. It also separates you from your family and leads you to a terrible future.

“The only purpose of random testing, is not to catch, punish or expose students who use – drugs, but to save their lives and discover abuse problems early so that students can grow up and learn a drug free environment” – a quote by John Walters, director of the office of national drug control policy.

I know many students/teens who are hooked into illegal drugs such as marijuana and cocaine. There will always be someone who does, or has done drugs. It is amazing how their parents never notice. I wonder where the parents are in their children’s life. Where is the motivation? The love? The caring? Parents need to take care of their kids, and take role in their lives before it’s too late to end their vice.

I can say about 70% of the people I know does, or already have done drugs. It’s really hard and a great challenge to stay above the influence right now, especially when your friends surround you that does it. You can just hear them talking about it. I made a promise to myself, that no matter how much my “friends” persuade me I will not do such a thing because I have learned that one try can ruin my entire future.

I have lost many friends because of drugs. It disappoints me why they even do it. I got a lot of promises from this one friend, telling me that he won’t try drugs or anything illegal. All my friends know that I truly do not support drugs. But one night, my friend and I we’re about to go to basketball practice on one November of 2007. He said we had to go to his friends’ house to get something. When he got out of his door, I saw thick smoke coming out his mouth and as soon as I saw that I rushed to him and asked him immediately what it was. He said its called, “black” which looked exactly like a cigar but a little bit smaller. I thought it was unwise of him, doing that right before practice. That was the beginning of the end of our friendship. From that day on, I never got the chance to talk to him. He is never in class and he never went to basketball practice again. I always hear from people how he is one of the drug addicts in our school.

It really breaks my heart to lose a friend. But they have made a foolish choice. I hope that someday, our world, our community and even our schools become a wonderful drug free environment. Drug free, this I believe in.