Solitude Is a Flower

Victoria - Sofia, Bulgaria

I believe in solitude. I believe in solitude because it can lead us to the right decision. I believe in solitude because it gives us a moment of silence in which we find the right way to break through our own mysteries and struggles.

Solitude is peace.

Solitude is courage to isolate yourself.

Solitude is the place, my place.

Sometimes I feel that there are so many people around that soon we’ll be on top of each other. Lately I prefer being on my own, whenever and wherever. Not that I don’t like fooling around with friends, just now and then I need the advantages that the silence of being alone gives me. In the crowd of the known and unknown I can barely hear my own thoughts, I can hardly see my own personal truths.

Lately I cannot even open my eyes without feeling sorry that I did so, because when I open them, all that is inside me goes out, everybody discovers what is happening to me, sometimes even before I do. I am like an open book for people whose existence is often designed to harm. Whenever I am around people, I can sense their glance, and it makes me uncomfortable in my own skin. Whereas, when I am alone calmness takes hold of me, and I am able to finally listen to the voice within. I can hear its scream- it keeps the secrets that I’ve been searching for, the answers that are simpler than I think.

As hard as it was, in the moment of solitude in which I was able to find myself, it was even harder to see that I’ve been guilty for at least half of my problems. The moment of solitude helped me to see all the mistakes I’ve made, all the people I’ve lost, all of the things I’ve left behind without realizing it. Furthermore, it gave me a quiet place in my mind in which I was able to find the way to deal with things I didn’t like. I became aware of this magical moment in the day in which we are all able to change this that we don’t approve, moments of being alone with our own thoughts, moments of finding our way to heaven.

Sometimes it’s better to search deep within ourselves than to ask other questions, the answers of which we probably already know, but we are too distracted to find them. All in need is a little time of being alone.

Therefore, I believe in solitude.