Alyssa - Plainview/NY/11803, New York

I believe that mistakes are the best thing that can happen to us. Making mistakes are part of being human. We learn from what is wrong so we can make it right. We expand our knowledge and become stronger from learning what we had done wrong. Success does not come naturally for anyone, it comes from experience. We find our mistake to try to figure out what we did wrong, so we are able to fix the problem. Learning from your mistakes is the easy part, but trying to fix it is the hard part. Is it possible? Yes. Learning from your mistakes helps us not repeat the same mistake in the future.

A good example that is often used is Thomas Edison figuring out the use of the light bulb. How would he be able to get it right if he hadn’t seen what he had done wrong? He learned from all of his mistakes. Every time he failed, he kept trying until he succeeded. Sometimes the situation can be more meaningful in life which can leave more of an impact on us. My friend had started the use of drugs, and found it to be a huge impact on her life. When she had received her next report card, she saw that her grades had gone down because of everything she had been doing. She knew that her future was not worth loosing, realizing what a mistake it was and achieved to quit. She will not repeat the same mistake in the future because she had learned from her consequences of her actions. Learning from your mistakes leads to many more steps to success. “Mistakes are made by every human being; it is a part of life. Even if you can’t learn from your mistakes, someone else can. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it’s a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.” This was written by Al Franken.