The Next Generation

Altaria - Montgomery, Alabama
Themes: children, hope

I believe in the future generation that will lead the world to a brilliant tomorrow. It sounds like a foolish thing to believe in but this is it. I want to notice more people socializing and talking about serious subjects that are no longer taboo; to witness the end ancient prejudice that clings to the public like a bad odor. People need to let go of the racism and sexism they have with each other. The old ways of the past forces fade into the background, because the future generations bring change to world through new technological advancements that allow free speech and individuality.

Wikipedia, Facebook, Youtube, and all other websites are examples that the future generation is communicating through the internet; speaking out on political events and world issues, traveling to different countries and conversing with different cultures and people. The world is changing and the time for hesitation and judgmental issues draws to a close. Technology has taught many young people about the ways of the world. My 5 year-old cousins already know how to access their Facebook accounts, while downloading Youtube videos on the same window! Yes, the future generation is of to a terrific start in technology; however, not in society where the views of the others are looked down upon. Its time to get off your high horses and start searching for a new hobby, because the world doesn’t have time for racism, and frankly neither do I.

I do not want to hear about how some person is acting out of their own stereotypes, in fact, I applaud their bold statements. I do not want to be a “Negative Nancy” by ruining someone’s idea of a personality. People who do this really do not have a life of their own and make themselves feel better by putting someone, who acts differently, down. I have decided that my perspective on life is to look at it from a free spiritual view. I accept all races and sexuality because I am not afraid to be involved in the new fads. Now do not get me wrong, I will never participate in drugs or any thing dangerous, neither will I jump into something that does not involve me; give me a little credit on having common sense. I merely state that the next generation, particularly mine, will rattle the conservative world, and create something memorable throughout time.

Therefore, anyone with a love of equality and peace outside of herself or himself has to start with the surrounding prejudice living secretly inside of their heart. You must allow yourself to open both your mind and heart to the every day norm, and soon realize that ordinary life does not seem so boring. The trials and ordeals of the recession my generation faces determine our niches in the ‘so-called’ civilized world. Will someone from this generation end the economic struggles? Maybe the president of America, Obama, will contribute or relieve the dilemma? Who knows what might happen, but the fact remains, there are no shortcuts in life and we have to deal with whatever happens in the future.

Even though the economy is failing and people are still prejudice, I still believe in the next generation. Believing in them gives me hope that the hardships and stress we deal with today are relevance to the future.