Taylor - Eagle, Idaho

I believe in love and kindness. That everyone needs to love and be loved. From the moment we are born, we require love in order to keep us alive and well, growing physically, mentally and spiritually.

There is a reason as to why the heart is the symbol for love. The heart is the body’s most vital organ. It’s what keeps our body going, and fuels us, so that we can be a functional human being and have an active life. It’s the same concept with love, it is what gives us the character and a drive to live life, pursue our dreams and create relationships with others.

Personally, when I am loved, I feel cared for and important; that I am not just one in a million lost in a sea of faces. It gives me more confidence. Therefore, I gain faith in myself and others, which in turn help’s me reach my aspirations. So I can live a rich life, full of love, family and laughter.

I was trying to think of a word that would describe love, and then I realized that the perfect definition was in the Bible, my personal manual for life. I found what I was looking for in 1 Corinthians 13:4-13.

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. Love never fails. . . And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”

There in lies the perfect definition of love, a gift that everyone not only needs to receive, but give. Loving someone is also a selfless act. I think one greatest example of someone being selflessness would be my family. My mom was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis when I was eight years old. So we moved in to live with my Grandparents because my Mom and I could no longer live on our own. After living with my grandparents for four years, my Aunt and Uncle who were living in Eagle made an offer for me to move in with them. After much thought, my Mom agreed though it was hard, I was going would lead a much more healthy, and active life by living with my Aunt and Uncle. This was a very loving and selfless act by both my Mom and my Aunt and Uncle, one that I will be forever thankful for. For some, loving is a difficult task, for others it comes rather naturally. Either way it is what God has called us to do.

I believe loving is the most important trait we can show to one another. Let me ask you this. If everyone was patient, kind, did not envy, boast, was not proud, rude, or self-seeking. If we were not easily angered, kept no record of wrongs, and didn’t delight in evil, but rejoiced with the truth. Always protected, trusted, hoped, and persevered. What kind of world would we live in?

When you show someone else love, it not only brings them joy, but it fills your cup. So take time to love one another. Why not compliment that girl on her outfit, give that person that looks like he or she’s feeling down a hug, or let a teacher know that they are appreciated for all that they do as an educator. What harm could it do? So I challenge you to make your best effort to love one another every day, and don’t take a moment for granted.