Do you believe what you say?

Audrey - Eagle, Idaho

I believe in respecting myself, I believe in my morals, I believe in learning from my mistakes, I believe in second chances.

There are times when people, of all ages, do things they wish they did differently. Not necessarily regret what they have done but wish they had a 2nd chance or a rewind button to press.

The summer before my Freshmen year in high school I was wrapped up in the moment, the wrong crowd, the mind set of being miss popular, doing what everyone else was doing, believing in something that wasn’t myself. I had taken a risk with situation that I wish I hadn’t. I had given myself away and fallen in love with a boy who hadn’t fallen back. It was a tough break to go through – but I came out of it for the better.

As I matured I went through similar situations, lost respect for and from people, tested out certain drugs, played with fire you could say. Then I thought what could I have done differently? What exactly are my morals in life now? Will I learn from this mistake I have created? Do I get a second chance or a chance to re-live the right life at all? What could I have done to be in control rather than being controlled?

When you think about what you want to be in life and how you want people to see you, you must think of what you stand for, what you live for, what you want to be known for. You must respect your self in order to get respect from others. The population is full of challenges, battles, misunderstandings and horrible things, but it’s your mind that will change the entire negativity into a positive mind set for your life.

Learning from a mistake is much more than realizing what you have done is wrong, it’s about accepting the fact of change, its understanding that you’re not perfect and no one is, it’s about the judgment you get from others and the judgment you put on your self. Knowing that you’re going to be … okay in the end.

Have you ever thought that you were going to fail, that what you did was never going to be neither forgiven nor forgotten?

Just always ponder this, setting your goals high, your morals in order of respecting yourself, your surroundings and peers with dignity and confidence and always know that you’re going to be okay no matter how much you think you have fallen. Your going to come out stronger than ever.