Plain milk and fish.

Rachel - Lexington, Kentucky

Plain milk and fish.

Plain milk is very boring. Add strawberry flavor to it though, and suddenly it’s exciting. Add chocolate, and it’s divein. But add something unique, and the flavors will blow your mind away. People are the same way, really. People who are considered ‘Normal’ or ‘Average are dull. They have no wacky quirk that makes them stand out, no particularly interesting thing about them. People need to stop suppressing themselves and express who they are. Go ahead and wear that nonsensical outfit Go ahead and laugh at your own jokes. Do and say and be what you really want. People will like you for you, not for who you’re trying to be.

I believe in being unique and standing out. Only then will you be noticed in this busy little world. And only then will you be happy with who you are. Uniqueness is indeed the spice of life. True enough, ‘Normal’ people will assume you’re being weird or that you’re some kind of freak when they see you acting upon your impulses. That’s a good thing, because it means that you’re not just another fish in the sea of black and grey clothes. This is the time of our lives when we can break free from our shells of conformity and bloom into the colorful flowers we are.

Never fear the hate or mockery of others. Ignore it, for their words cannot hurt you unless you let them. Be bold and boisterous. Be loud and crazy. Be proud of whoever you are and embrace every side of yourself. Truly love you for you. This is perhaps the greatest advice to happiness anyone has ever heard. If people call you self absorbed, who cares? If they say you’re tooting your own horn, simply tell them “I don’t toot my own horn. I blare it!” Live life to the fullest, and listen to impulses. Listen to your heart, not your brainwashed mind. Be unique, for only then will you truly find yourself.