Live Life to The Fullest

Angel - Snohomish, Washington

I believe in the idea that life is short so live it well and people will remember you eternally. In life, we cannot choose how long we are going to live. In certain instances people can, but unexpected deaths are a part of life. Not knowing how long I have to live has made me decide to start living my life to the fullest.

I had always heard people tell me to live my life to the fullest and it went in one ear and out the other. It took a personal experience to bring myself to the conclusion that I was going to start living my life well. A couple of months ago my friend, Josh, committed suicide. Although I will never know what led him to do this, I do know I will never forget him or his lifestyle. It had surprised everyone that his life had come to an end so suddenly. Going into his memorial service, I was overwhelmed with sadness and I did not know how I was going to get through the next two hours.

Even though Josh had chosen to end his own life, people were willing to look past that sad decision. One by one, as people stepped up to the podium, they shared stories that had everyone crying and at times had everyone laughing. On the inside, Josh had to have felt horrible, but he did not let even that get in his way of spreading joy to everyone he knew. In the nineteen years, he was alive he had met more people than most do in a lifetime. He was the type of person that would talk to a total stranger just because they happened to be walking on the same sidewalk as each other. I never once heard a judgment about another person come out of his mouth.

Another admirable trait about Josh was his willingness to volunteer and help out any organization or person. He could not care less about making money. As long as he was making someone else’s day better, he was happy. He always had a smile on his face that was truly contagious. That was just the kind of guy he was. Those are the things people will forever remember him by. He inspired many people, including me. I will always remember him and I strive to be more like him everyday. I hope that I live my life well enough so that when my life is over I manage to leave an impact on people’s lives that they will remember forever, just like Josh did.