I believe every one of us has a purpose.

Maggie - Naples, Florida
Themes: purpose

I believe every one of us has a purpose. Each of us has a reason for being on this earth. Whether it is something small or something world-changing; we all have a purpose.

Miracle. It’s normally the first thing people think of when someone survives something no one believed they could. Purpose is what I think of. When you think about devastating disasters created by man, such as the Holocaust, Vietnam, 9-11, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the first thought of survivors usually is “Thank God I’m alive.” The second thought is “Why me?” “Out of millions of people killed, why was I one to survive?” I believe it’s because you have yet to fill out your purpose or because you are one to tell the story. We talk about history so we won’t let it repeat itself. But what if we had no one to talk about it? If we had no survivors to explain what really happened, or to talk about the fear and chaos, would history then repeat itself? Would we make the same mistakes?

I believe it is a survivor’s purpose to tell the story, to keep it alive as the years pass. You might not understand why you survived at first, but then you begin to understand what your purpose truly is; to tell the story.

Maybe it’s also a miracle, but I believe it’s more about what you are going to do with that miracle, than the miracle itself.