Bilad - Aurora, Colorado
Themes: peace

I believe in peace

There is nothing better than living with peace and prosperity, because it is the most important principle in our life. However, it is not an option when you have a civil war in your country. Even though people would prefer not to leave their countries and became refugees, but it happens when they are faced with complicated problems, such as conflict between tribes that cause them to hate each other, and eventually murder themselves for no reason.

I personally believe that living without peace is the worst that can ever happen to humankind, because these kinds of events create many problems to societies. I am sure if people practiced peace they would rather live in their country of origin, but they cannot live in a place where the consequence of staying behind could be a disaster, and a tragedy. For example if people are not getting enough food and clean water due to the conflict, it is hard for them to survive especially for families with children and infants who can only drink milk and water. This happens when people are forced to run away from their homes to different places, because they are afraid and worried about losing their lives if they stay in their homes.

I am a lucky person who believes in God, because God save all my families from the civil war in my country. It was 1990 when we decided to move to Kenya, and we thought we were lucky because we have not lost any one, in our family due to the conflict. When we came to Kenya, we felt very happy, safe, and started new life. We also realized how important living with peace and prosperity was. All of us went to school in Kenya; in fact, the life was excellent and even better than the life in Somalia. Kenya has many opportunities because it has better education, better life, and better peace than Somalia. I believe everyone deserve to have a peace because if there is no peace, then there is no life.

It is may be surprising how cruel a person can be to a fellow human-being because they belong to a different tribe or ethnicity, but I believe there is an underlying social and political reasons behind all these problems. If you look, at every conflict in Africa, that involves ethnic or clan fighting there are always a political, economical, or geographical dispute, which ignites it. Most of these social unrests were created during the colonial power. Finding a permanent solution will largely depend on, solving, and understanding the underlying root cause. It is time we (Africans) focus on the reality of our problems and stop looking for help from those who have created these evil, in humane conflicts. Peace will come once, these issues are resolved.