I Belive in yesterday,today and tomorrow

Sharry - Gilbert, Arizona

I believe in the uniqueness of people, which also leads to having different tolerance levels individually as well. I learned at a very early age that nobody is alike and should not be judged on their individualism. Growing up I use to say I do not want to be like that…when I would see someone acting a way that did not fit into my personal personality or belief, which is my unique individualism. To give you a little history of how I got to my belief I am going to tell you the story of my life, you see I grew up in an alcoholic family, generation after generation of alcoholism on not just one side but both sides of my family. But when I was growing up it wasn’t considered an illness it was perceived as a weakness, I suppose by only me but none the less I formed an non objective opinion early. In forming that opinion I decided at a very early age to be a strong independent girl, of which in turn lead me to be a Stubborn, Strong, Independent woman. I believe this is what has broken the cycle of alcoholism for me and my family, is the determination of all the people that graced my life and formed what I perceived to be a weakness, but in reality it is unique to each person’s life story.

Now that I am an adult and looking back over my family’s history I can now say that each individual who suffered with alcoholism was quite unique. Each one had their own mentors of life and with life comes the trials and tribulations that formed their own belief of how they should live, which gives them their own uniqueness of personality. (Quote) “The word ‘personality’ has been derived from the Latin word PER SONATE which means speaks through. A person’s personality is the sum total of an individuals psycho-physical makeup. There may be so many personalities as persons”. (Unquote)

Long and Short of it, my belief though once was the stubborn thoughts of oh I am not going to grow up like my mother, as she grew up to follow her mother and her mother before her, I now have the understanding that each individual is unique and shouldn’t be judged so harshly for they are unique and individual within their own right to live out the way they deem is in their own belief and as we now know physiological make up called the mind, body and soul.

Though I have chosen the path of resistance and determination I now look to my heritage and how I have impacted it…for the good, the bad and the indifferent. What I teach or mentor to others today will be long remembered for years to come.