I Believe in the Paranormal

Aaron - Everett, Washington

I believe in the possibility of the seemingly impossible. The world of the paranormal comes off to me as quite fascinating. I had an attraction to the paranormal when I was in fourth grade. I would read books and magazines about UFO’s and Bigfoot and all that stuff. Unfortunately, my mother found out and I was forbidden from having anything to do with the paranormal. “That stuff is icky. It has demonic stuff in it.” My mom would say. Therefore, I buried my interest in the paranormal until I turned eighteen.

Shortly after my eighteenth birthday, I was introduced to what is now one of my favorite television shows of all time: The X-Files. That TV show sparked my interest in paranormal phenomena once again.

Some people make fun of me or think I’m stupid for believing in so many things, but it’s better to keep an open mind than to remain stubborn and more or less ignorant. Recently, I talked to some friends who have had experiences with UFOs. Also, I am a member of a large forum site with paranormal experts and people who have had experiences with the paranormal. We converse about paranormal phenomena and what would be real and what is a hoax. I myself have had a few of these experiences such as seeing two UFO’s one morning on my way to school. They hung in the sky, too close together with each other to be aircraft and too low flying to be a satellite. I am convinced that what I saw was either an alien spacecraft or a top secret government aircraft. My sisters have also experienced paranormal phenomena. They were outside taking pictures and, in one picture, my sister is jumping and in another picture my other sister is jumping in the same place. In the first image, there is a strange orb floating behind my first sister and in the second image, it’s not there. Upon closer examination, the orb was not a trick of the light. I have also been conducting interviews with some people I know who are vampires and werewolves. They tell me the fact and fiction of these strange beings.

I think that if I were ever able to do ANYTHING as a career it would be paranormal expert. These things all relate to my original topic because they all, no doubt, made you raise an eyebrow and question my sanity. The thing is not thinking the many ways it’s not possible, but believing in the possibility that it might be possible. The truth is out there, and I want to believe.