Stepping Stones

David - Caledonia, Michigan

I believe that the NPR is a interesting project that allows people of all ages, all across the country, to share their core beliefs that keep their tires rolling. I have many core beliefs and guidelines that have shaped me into the person I am today. The three that pop in my head the fastest would be my religion, my friends, and most importantly my family. Each year I become more and more thankful for what this life has had to offer, and is patiently waiting for what it has in store for my future.

When I think in depth about who I am today. I believe that God is responsible. He is the

one who provides me with everything I have, and will receive in the future. Having God in my life at a young age has been a blessing, he always been there to catch me when im falling down. Every Sunday my family and I attend Kentwood Community Church and praise him with open hearts. Going to church really allows me to have that one on one connection with god, and gives me a good feeling throughout the rest of the week. Although I may not be the perfect child of god, I still no that he forgives and he will always have my back.

I believe that my friends play a huge role in who I am today. They give me the comfort that allows me to act myself without having to feel like im being judged. Having friends create memories, and good memories are what makes me look foward to waking up in the morning. I truly believe that having good friends is the foundation to living a health lifestyle.

My family is probably the most important thing in my life. They are the ones who have molded me into becoming the guy I am today. My Mom and Dad are two very special people to mean the world to me. The two of them have overwhelmed me with love and support over the past 19 years of life. Growing up has been such an exciting journey with many obstacles and speed bumps along the way. In grade school I can remember the unfair consequences I would receive from misbehaving or having an unacceptable grade on my report card. They are the reason I try hard in everything I do. Making my family proud has always been a daily goal in my life and they are the reason that I can maintain a smile though out the day.

I really enjoyed writing this paper, it has allowed me to find my core beliefs that keep me on the correct path. I believe it is important that people identify their core values. It really makes me think who and where I would be today without them