Even if I’m far away

Natalia - Wheeling, West Virginia

What would we be without friends? I believe that friends are your lost siblings in the world, like you were meant to meet each other. The clock reported 4o’clock in the morning when my cell phone rang. Miles and miles away in another continent my distraught friend called me. I was half asleep throughout the process of getting up, looking for my cell phone and then answering it, not just because it was 4 o’clock but also because Mexico and Korea are approximately 9000 miles away from each other and there are 13 hours of time difference. Forcing myself to wake up I picked up and listened to her, I was able to understand her, talk to her and give her my advice.

I knew it was something serious since the second I picked up but I couldn’t get over the fact that it was her calling me all the way from Korea. I felt very special after the call, because out of all of her friends she chose me when she needed someone. At that moment I knew she would also be there for me if I needed anything, anytime. And it has been like that since then.

I want to be the one who my friends choose to call when they have a problem, or need someone to listen to them, even if it’s just a silly question like what should I wear for tomorrow’s dinner? Or something more serious, like I don’t know what to do I need you. At the end what matters is what you are inside, what you have to offer and what people get from you. There is always going to be better people than you but I believe that what makes a difference is what you are inside and what people get from you. Always treat people the way you want to be treated. I want to be the kind of friend that when I have a problem no matter how late it is, my friends will answer my phone call and talk to me trough it.