I Believe In A Better Government

William - smyrna, Tennessee

I Believe In A Better Government

In America the thought of government has seemed to become a thought of mismanagement and corruption. I believe with the right leaders the government can be changed for the best. Politicians need to be held accountable for their actions. Many times politicians who are caught in a scandal will simply resign and that is the end of the problem. Politicians who support huge spending by the government needs to know where the taxpayers money is going and how it will be spent. The American people needs to be informed about their local and federal government, but it doesn’t matter how much information we give Americans if they are not interested. Americans needs to get involved with government to fix the problem. I believe with these actions taken the government will be working for the American people.

Often politicians slip into the vast corruption of government. I’ve seen this happen so many times through my life. I watched the governor of Illinois Rod Blagojevich get thrown out of office for trying to sell a senate seat. It makes you wonder if this is really a uncommon practice among politicians. I know that there is many times that politicians get rewarded for their corrupt bargains. Politicians need to get severely punished for the corruption that they support. This would set an example for those who are already corrupt and those who are going to become politicians. When a politician is corrupt then they are working against the people that voted for them.

I believe one day i will be a politician. I know that i will never get caught up in corruption because of some of the examples i have seen before my own eyes. I know that i can help make the government work for us instead of against us. I know that simple measures can be taken to help America as a whole. I believe that if my views were put into place America would immediately be bettered. But they will not be established because of corrupted politicians and lobbyist. I believe that if their was a tariff put on trade then the economy would bounce back quickly. But companies like big businesses depend on exploiting cheap labor to make bigger profits and cut American jobs. Their lobbyist will do just about anything to maintain their way of business. When they bribe politicians they put their own interest before the people that supported and voted for them. I believe that these things can be changed in a short amount of time. I want to help America be restored to the greatness that it once stood. I want to one day be an example for those who are in politics.

Government is meant to be a good part of peoples lives. I believe that it can be a good part of people lives, It just needs to be fixed. I believe with the right management it can be fixed and i will be part of it.