The Power Of Chocolate

Mickey - Wilmington, North Carolina

Letting it melt in your mouth or crunch between your teeth after its been in the freezer, those are just two ways to eat the irresistible treat that is chocolate. White, dark or regular I love every kind, each with its own taste, texture and personality that make it as unique as we are. Chocolate comes from the cacao tree, originally found in Central and South America, but is now planted all over the globe Although roughly two-thirds of the world’s cocoa is produced in Western Africa, and with close to half of that coming from Cote d’Ivoire or Ivory Coast. Starting out as a cocoa bean it is then shipped around the world to factories and produced into the chocolat we adore so much. I feel so very sorry for the following peoples: Anyone who says they don’t like chocolate, anyone who has never tried chocolate, and anyone who can’t because of a medical condition.

The first time I tasted chocolate was when I was around six at my Grandma’s house, that was the day I became addicted to the sweet. It was one of those days where everyone was to busy to pay attention to me, so idecided to force them to. On my first plot I was going to pretend to get hurt thinking they would come swarming. So I started walking around the driveway and after a couple of minutes I pretended to fall. I started sreaming and clutching my knee like I had hit the concrete hard. I was wrong only my Grandma came to check on me and she left after a couple minutes and stopped whining. Next I attempted to fool them into thinking I was sick, but after all the coughing and sneezing didn’t work I decided to take it to extreme measures. I went and got a mouthful of water, walked into the kitchen, and spit it all over the floor, yelling that my stomach was killing me. I should of known that wouldn’t of worked. All that I got was I scolding from my mom, then she made me clean it up. I guess my Grandma got tired of me bothering everyone so she took me into the garage and told me to sit on the steps. I sat there for awhile, a long boring while. Then Grandma came down the stairs with a square object in her hand. As she unwrapped it I could smell the sweet aroma wafting towards me. She broke off a pice and said I could have it if I promised to be good. I quickly nodded my head and snatched it out of her hand. It tasted like heaven and I knew I would do anything for it. From that day on I was always good at Grandma’s house and always got a piece of chocolate.

Cocolate is my favorite food and if we buy it I usualy eat it in a day, which is why I have to but my own. If it wasn’t for chocolate I probably would of nevewr been good at my Grandma’s house and got in a lot of trouble. That is why I belive chocolate can change the world.