brittney - loveland, Colorado
Themes: purpose

I believe that everyone was put on this world for a reason, we each have a purpose in this world. whether that is being there for your family, fighting in the war for our country, or even a doctor saving everyday life’s. Being here in this world I believe my self I also have a purpose in this world, and that is help changing life’s with organ and tissue donation awareness.

I was just three months old, when I received the gift of life, a second chance. Baby Danny died that day and I received his heart. I was given this second chance at life to live his legacy on. Danny really didn’t get to live his life the way he was destine to, and that is why I think there is a reason for everything that happens here in this crazy world. I was given this chance at life to live his legacy on, the way that he was suppose to. Sometimes life is just not fair , no one ever said it would be, but you would think that some things in life would be easier. I look at my life today and how far I have come. Ever since I was about the age of nine, my mom got me more involved in understanding organ and tissue donation. I have been traveling the world showing everyone my purpose in life. My mom and I have been doing speeches sharing our story about how lucky I am to be here. I was just recently watching the movie called Forest Gump. The movie goes through his life story and all the challenges that he has gone through. He said that his mom always told him, “That life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get”. When

thinking about this quote, it makes me think about how everything is dished out to us in life. When opening up a box of chocolates, and grabbing a piece of candy you don’t know what flavor is going to burst out of it. It’s just like life, when you come into this world you never really know what things are going to happen to you, and how you are going to be living your life. That is why I believe that we are destine to live our life’s to the fullest, and to not let anything stop us.

Life it has a purpose, why not use it? Do something with your life, that Is I am here today, and that is why I believe that I am here today and that is to live Danny’s legacy on. I’m not going to let anyone stop me in what I believe in and that’s to share my story . I want everyone to know that organ and tissue donation really does work and you can save life’s and just live life to the fullest because that is what I believe we are destine to do.