What to look forward to

Danielle - Roscoe, Illinois
Themes: purpose

I believe everything happens for a reason, which every little bit that someone does lead them to something new. Even the smallest movement that someone makes will lead them down a different path. I would not change anything that I have done in the past; even the negative things, because it would have changed the person that I am today. In the experience that I have been put through, I feel like me getting in trouble with my parents and failing classes in school is a learning experience. I learned life lessons from getting in trouble for the simple things, like not turning off the T.V. or not cleaning my room. I sat there in my room while I was grounded for those little things and thought, “why in the world did my dad ground me for a stupid reason?” And while I sat there it came to me and I realized that he is teaching me these things for the future.

Turning off the T.V. saves energy, and will not raise the electric bill. There he taught me how to save money, because in the future the bills will be paid by me. Me being n my own I will not have anyone to support me and pay for everything for me. My dad wants me to learn to be an independent person.

Cleaning my room shows cleanliness. My dad there taught me that I should not live in clutter. When I live in a place of my own I will not want to live in clutter, because if I do then my house will be infested with icky bugs and there will be health issues raised. But sometimes I am going to have to make decisions on my own. Some things my dad tells me to do I just do not agree with. When he told me to not see my boyfriend ever again and to not even talk to him; I just could not do it. That is one thing that I feel that my dad is wrong on. He tries to show me that I am wrong for staying with him, but that will never tear me from him. By me making my decision it will show me if my decision is right or wrong later down the road. I believe everything happens for a reason and there is a purpose for every decision.